Sunday, January 30, 2011

2255 FILMS goes to Washington

I got confirmation I will be shooting in DC next Saturday.  Not sure the number of interviews that are lined up for that day, but it doesn’t much matter.  I’m just happy my new light came in today.  Had I known it would be so compact and easy to assemble I probably would have bought in bulk.  Something I will no doubt keep in mind before this years P21 event in August.
Believe it or not I’m actually packing even lighter than the trip out to LA.  After doing a little research on the parking situation in DC I’ve decided to take the metro in on Friday night.  Parking for one twenty four hour period at the hotel is actually more expensive than parking at one of the metro lots for the entire weekend.  Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize the metro is the way to go.  I hate to lug film gear on the subway but it’s not like I haven’t done it before.  Nothing says miserable more than lugging light kits and a bulky 16mm camera on the 6 during rush hour.  My gear/clothes will be confined to a messenger bag weighing no more than 30 pounds.
This is already feeling like routine to me.  I’m not nervous about the shoot and currently the only concern I have at the moment is to get over this funk I’ve had for a little over a week.  I really don’t want to be sick during the shoot and I certainly don’t want to infect anyone with this plague.
The New York gig is on for March and DLS asked if I had a bio written up.  Just the thought of one makes my head hurt.  To actually whip something up would probably give me an instant migraine.  I have no idea what to write when it comes to things like that. In the grand scheme of things I’m pretty boring.  I don’t go out all hours of the night to party.  Which to me seems to equate to being a really lame read.  The bio isn’t even written and I can already hear the crickets chirping in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment