Thursday, December 30, 2010

Much ado about something

I was recently sucked into the holiday vortex and despite my best efforts I got absolutely nothing accomplished on the film front over the past week.  A part of me earlier today at work seriously considered breaking out the white board to list all the things I needed to do in the immediate future.  Depending on what I get accomplished tonight probably will determine if I follow through on that idea.  Personally I see no other alternative and nothing will grab my attention quicker than ‘Get off your ass and do something!’ scrawled in red marker.  Hopefully I can make headway on a number of projects the next three days.

Topping out the list of things to do is ‘Junct.  I’m currently importing the footage on my laptop from last weeks shoot in Philadelphia at the Moonstone Arts Center.  I plan to break it down into a few QTs for DLS to preview.  The footage is still worthless and will continue to be so until we get the proper release forms from the owner of Robin’s Books and the author A.K. who was doing the reading and Q&A.  I would plug the author's book, but I will hold off until I get that signed release form in my hands.

It’s safe to assume with only a week out that LA is a bust.  We had hoped to travel out there to film/interview people from the new faculty majority coalition during their counter conference.  I think it could have been a great opportunity for gathering footage for the documentary but without guaranteed release forms the point is moot and certainly not cost effective.  The sad thing is I downloaded an app for my iPhone to seek out roach coaches.  I had been looking forward to a lobster sandwich from the Lobstatruck and a hot dog from Pinks.

I just finished installing the newest version of iLife on the mac thinking I’d be making my life easier when it came to revamping my website.  I like the templates that come with iWeb, the problem is I’m not sure how to import the files into my web service.  So it appears that I will be booting up the PC and designing it with dreamweaver.  Boo-Hiss!  Someone find me an intern to do this stuff for me!

On the scumberland productions front I’m hoping to sit down as early as tomorrow to recut ‘Hollow’ so I can submit it to withoutabox.  I had put in for an IMDB credit nearly three months ago and haven’t heard a thing since.  What sucks is I spent several hours one night after work filling out all the information on the film figuring since it was part of the P21 lineup it would automatically qualify like ‘Eight Minutes’ had the previous year.

48HFP has a new competition starting up next month.  I put the word out to the cast and crew to see who would be interested/available the 18th-20th of February. The difference with this specific competition is it’s green themed and team captain picks the genre.  I have a few styles/formats rolling around in my head that I’m tempted to try.  I love filming but I’m half tempted to shoot stills with my canon and string them together like a comic book or La Jetee’.  If executed correctly it could be quite beautiful.

Tonight while the documentary footage compresses I’ll be working on ‘Gray’s Ferry’ I think.  I have fleshed out the outline for the entire 6 episode span so it shouldn’t be too difficult to knock at least one episode out tonight.  I really need to get on it since I got a message from F.T. the other night wanting an update.

Lastly, I offered to help a friend with one of her babies; Children of Lazarus.  I’m not sure if I will be helping in development, production or both, but I’m pretty excited about it.  K. of KYB Studios is a really creative and intelligent artist and I’m looking forward to working with her, regardless of the capacity.

Time for less blogging and more creating.  See everyone in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment